Breakfast at the large table in the drawing room is at your discretion. Local free range Burford Brown eggs, Gloucester Old Spot bacon and sausages, fillet of kipper, eggs any which way. Nicola makes her own jams and marmalades.
To give you a better idea of what awaits you for breakfast, here is the breakfast menu you will be offered at The Old Post Office.
- Fruit salad, Greek yoghurt, granola and luxury muesli with fresh orange juice and a choice of tea or coffee
- A choice of continental breakfast with all butter croissant, pain au chocolat or brioche and delicious homemade organic wholemeal bread
- A full English breakfast, cooked in the AGA, of locally produced pork sausages and smoked bacon, Burford Brown free range eggs, herby mushrooms and roasted tomatoes
- A two egg omelette, made with free range Burford Brown eggs, with a choice of mushrooms or cheese
- Smoked salmon and creamy scrambled eggs
- A combination of any of the above cooked breakfasts – eggs cooked any which way – fried, scrambled, poached, boiled, sunnyside up or down!
- Toasted homemade organic wholemeal bread with homemade jams and marmelade
From The Guestbook
We much enjoyed our stay with you and, for both of us, the highlight of your delicious breakfast was/were the pears.
Absolutely, memorable. And I forgot to say that our bed was the most comfortable, warmest and cosiest that I can recall in any 'public' accommodation. Quite an accolade, but well deserved.
M&P, November 2012